Cosperville Baptist Church dates from the actual organization in 1873, however, the foundation was laid by the Freewill Baptist preachers in northeastern Indiana during the early 1840's. In the summer of 1875 a small house of worship was built, where the cemetery is now located. Soon the need for a larger building became apparent, and the current facility was dedicated on December 23, 1900.
This early church was associated with the Freewill Baptist churches in the territory. In April 1950 the membership voted to withdraw from the organization. We now remain an independent Baptist Church committed to preaching and teaching the Word of God, to prayer, and to building godly families in Christ.